MyHeritage - Where is my refund

You have assured me time and again that the two refunds you took would be refunded

Now all I get is emails from people who don't know what they are doing and still no sign of my refund, as promised before the cost has now reached £600 which will be submitted to Coventry Court within the next few days

Product or Service Mentioned: Myheritage Genealogy Record.

MyHeritage in Or Yehuda, Tel Aviv District - Obtain funds by deception

Ariel Sharon Blvd 3, Or Yehuda, Israel
Coverage Area
Privacy and Data Security
Style and Design

The media, Trading Standards and Police with the aid of Consumer Groups are looking into this dodgy company

Product or Service Mentioned: Myheritage Account.

Reason of review: Problems with payment.

I didn't like: Way they stole funds from my account.

MyHeritage - I was listed as UNKNOWN on the family tree

I went to fill in some recently found information regarding my family tree, and saw that my ex-wife was niw running the family website and my name had been removed and replaced with the title "Unknown" under my parents and as the father of my 2 children. Contacting the company, I was told that my ex-wife was resposible. When I contacted my ex-wife and kids, they told me that the company made the change without anyones consent or knowledge

Product or Service Mentioned: Myheritage Genealogy Record.

MyHeritage in Saskatoon, Saskatchewan - Fraud

I had a "free trial" with a company called myheritage.com in which to begin the free trial you must submit some form of payment info. After the free trial I was not impressed and cancelled.

Received notification of such. Two days later looked at my bank account and I had been debited not only once fraudulently but three separate debits for a yearly subscription.

Contacted paypal and their response was basically "take it up with the company"

I (my ignorance) did not know that not only could paypal take money from you "wallet" but could also debit directly from whatever bank account you've registered with them!!

Be careful of these predators. Secure transactions, my rosy rear!

Product or Service Mentioned: Myheritage Account.

Reason of review: Problems with payment.

Comments

rollo2016

Your mistake was in paying bills via PayPal, a strange, left-wing organisation plus you gave them your bank account info yourself when you signed up. Why would you do that?

Very dangerous.

As you found out. Always use a credit card when paying online and keep your financial info to yourself.